Friday, November 23, 2012

To the Manor Born?





24/11/2012
(Wrong date I know, but I'm sending this early...busy weekend! Please read my Friday post, too...below...)


Bonjour mes amis!

Are any of you familiar with the British sitcom, "To the Manor born"?

Well, let me tell you that after staying in a large, but quaintly decorated Manor House in the northwest of France, I think I could have been..."to the Manor born"...

The other weekend, we booked two nights at a Chambre d'hôte, also known as a Bed and Breakfast.  I LOVE staying in B&B's in France, because you often get the opportunity to stay in a very old Manor or Chateau-type of home that has been restored and modernized (as far as bathroom facilities), and you get to dream of "what if" while you are there.  Usually the owners serve you a typically French Breakfast, complete with strong coffee, croissants, baguettes, jam, and yogurt.  This I love!

We stayed at "Le Manoir de la Baronnie" in St. Malo, France.  If you'd like to have a look around their website in English, click HERE, but I'm going to share the photos I took.  We had a very nice visit with comfortable beds, modern bathrooms, and yet a quaintness from the past...

Enjoy your visit!
The Front Gate!

Nice, huh?  Constructed at the end of the 17th Century!






 A few shots of my parent's bedroom and bathroom...










and then, our Room...

(Notice how well trained Dr. J and Jewelius are...
they knew they couldn't mess up the beds until I took pictures!!!)










 The Stairway Landings...



Let's stop in the Grand Salon for Le Petit Déjeuner (Breakfast!)...

The crackling fire is glorious on a cold morning!
 
















The Garden Room on the back of the Home...


Ready to head out for the day!

This guy freaked us a bit, but my brother-in-law would love to hunt him!
 
Pretty nice parking lot, huh?  Complete with it's own roundabout...



Well, I hope you enjoyed your visit to the Manor, and dreaming of "what if"...

Have a "Jewel" of a day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment