Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Inside the Walls and Dinner in St. Malo!

21/11/2012

Bonjour mes amis!

I hope you are enjoying preparing for Thanksgiving Day tomorrow, and I wish you a very joyful, thankful Day!

For today, I'm going to continue sharing from my visit with my parents inside the city walls in St. Malo, France...

You know I had to get a shot of this balcony!









Despite the cold, there were still a few lovely flowers around the city...


Our chosen place for dinner!

Everyone sure looks happy...we were cold and hungry, and it felt good to sit down for a while!

Mussels are a popular item in this seaside city...

But, Jewelius opted for Oysters for a Starter...

While I had a Salad with Shrimp!

Just realized I took no pictures of our main courses.  My excuse?  What can I say...we were hungry!

Mom had "floating island" for dessert, a custard and meringue type of dish...

While Jewelius and I had this luscious chocolate cake with Chantilly Cream!
Everyone was pleased with their dinners, and we were quite satisfied to now go back to the Chambre d'hôtes (B&B) Manor for a good night's sleep.  If you like quaint.  If you like antiques. Then, you'll want to come back this weekend when I'll be sharing about the Manor house we stayed in!

I hope you have a "Jewel" of a day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment