Monday, November 26, 2012

Le Mont St. Michel...

26/11/2012

Bonjour mes amis!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.  I know we did.  We were able to celebrate with friends in Germany, and even enjoyed a stuffed turkey and pumpkin pie...quite a treat!

Today, I wanted to continue telling you about our time with my parents.  I showed you the B&B we stayed in, in St. Malo, but today, I want to show you the main reason for our trip...

Le Mont St. Michel!
Amazing, isn't it?  It's on an island!  Looks like a postcard!

It is an Abbey, that started being used in the 10th century.  During the French Revolution, until 1863, it was used as a Prison.  There is a small village surrounding the Abbey.  Many of the village buildings are touristy shops, but if you can climb your way to the Abbey, it's worth it!

The family is ready to go!






Quite a view all around!
 We love The Cloisters!  We were here once before in 2004, and I think this is our longest stop along the way...so beautiful!

Hi Jewelius!




You know I love the Architecture!


I thought it was cool to look out the windows and see the shadow of the Abby!

The size of this place is just magnificent!



This is a replica of St. Michel, whose gold statue stands on top of the belfry!

Stone Everywhere!

Steps Everywhere!

The Golden Statue of St. Michel on top of the belfry!

...and back down again!




Along the bottom of the climb, there are winding little streets with tourist shops and food!


Amazing!
Well, I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my photos of Le Mont St. Michel.  If you ever get the opportunity to be in northwestern France, this is the place to visit...hands down!

Have a "Jewel" of a day!
See you tomorrow!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment