Thursday, November 29, 2012

Getting ready to "Deck the Halls"!


29/11/2012

Bonjour mes amis!

I hope you are doing well.  We're almost to the weekend again!  Maybe some of you noticed that I did not post a "Top Ten Tuesday" this week.  Honestly, it just went out of my head...but for good reason...you see, everyone out in blogland is...

"Decking the Halls"...

...and I want to get in on some of that action, too!

I've told you before that we have an awesome opportunity this year to live in France.  Dr. J, Jewelius and I came here with two suitcases each.  (Guess who got the two biggest ones?)  Anyway, we did not bring any Christmas Decorations and hardly any of our own belongings...only clothes.  So, Dr. J has given me strict instructions to not accumulate loads of stuff while we are here that we are not going to "cart" back with us to the U.S.A.

What's a Girl to do?

I need me some Christmas here!  I know it's not all about the wrappings and bows, and trees and lights but my grown children are coming to celebrate with us, and I still want a warm atmosphere for all our celebrating.  We truly intend to celebrate our Savior's Birth together...maybe sing some Carols, attend Christmas Services, and love on each other...JOY!

Well, in order to create that atmosphere I desire...and keeping it as inexpensive as possible...here's a sneak peak at some things I'm working with.  It might be a week or two before I can even share what I've done with this stuff, but I will...






So, what do you think?  This little Elf is getting busy!  I also have some Pinecones, bits of Crocheted Pieces, Lace, Paper Doilies, and Salt.  Wait!  Salt?  Yes, it's my substitute for snow...There will be Candles, and whatever else I can get my hands on for less as well.  I was encouraged when I saw a Poinsettia in the store today, so one of those might come home with me soon, too!

Well, this is it from me today.  Tomorrow I'll resume my posts from places around France (and other countries), and very soon, this little Elf hopes to share a somewhat transformed apartment with you!

I've got my Christmas Music now, and purchased some M&Ms today, so perhaps baking M&M cookies are in my near future, too!

Whatever you're doing today, join me in remembering...

The Reason for the Season...
Jesus Christ our Lord!
For without Him, there is no true JOY!

Joyeux Noël, my "Jewel" friends!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment