Thursday, July 17, 2014

Reluctant Agreement to the Brocante!


7/17/2014

Bonjour mes amis!

I just couldn't do it...

I couldn't leave France without a visit to the Saturday morning Brocante in Orléans...

But, it was not in the plan...

It was the last Saturday that Dr. J and I would spend in France together.  We made a plan to rent a car and visit a Château that is being built in the medieval way and we had a bit of a drive ahead of us.  In our haste to get going though, we left to get the car without grabbing the camera for our day long excursion.  We HAD to have the camera with us!

Once I realized this, a thought entered my head...


After we rented the car, Dr. J could drop me off at the Brocante to shop for a few minutes, while he went back to the Apartment to retrieve our camera.  Great idea, right?


Dr. J reluctantly agreed...


But isn't this Soup Tureen an awesome Souvenir?  I love the detailed little handles.  This is such a simple piece, but the years of age drew my attention.  This will appear in many places in my home...


I also picked up the old Lace piece in the background.  I consider myself a "Rescuer of Old Lace", because I know how much work it is to crochet such a piece, and I appreciate each and every one!


My friend, Valerie, in Orléans gave me this lavender from her Garden.  I managed to get it all the way home, and then, to my delight, discovered that it fit perfectly in this little Limoges Creamer that I picked up at the Brocante.  (It's really cream colored, even though this photo makes it look green!)

All in all, this little stop at the Brocante made me very happy...I had a little piece of France to bring back home with me.

(Big Smiles!)


And then, we were on our way to visit that Château...which I will show you another day...


I snapped a few Village pictures along the way to our destination...


I just love driving through small Villages in France.  Each Village displays flowers so beautifully during the Summer!




We stopped in the Village of Saint Fargeau for Lunch!



Saint Fargeau has it's own Château, but we didn't take the time to see this one.


We ate lunch at a Crêperie, while the Village was shut down from 12:00 to 14:00, which is very typically French.  And then we popped into a Patisserie for some dessert pastries, and sat by this unique water pump to eat our pastries.



Do you see the moss on the roof of the building on the left?  So charming...



As we left the Village, I just had to get a few more pictures...


And we stopped in this old, old Church for a quick view.  A kind lady told us about this Church and that they were having Open Churches with a little evangelistic program, throughout the area.




And then, we were out on the open road, ready to head to our destination...


I will admit that while we were in Saint Fargeau, I spotted a small Brocante shop that intrigued me, so I went in without apology.  Unfortunately, Dr. J was "eyeing" me from the shop windows, and he kept me on a strict timeline, so there really wasn't ample time to browse.  I'm so thankful, though, that he reluctantly agreed to my morning stop at the Brocante!

But I think he's tired of me using the phrase...

"Stop and smell the Roses"!

I hope you enjoyed visiting a little bit of France with me again today.  Thanks for stopping by!

Have a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment