Saturday, July 12, 2014

Independence Day...in France!


7/12/2014

Bonjour mes amis!

Who would have thought?


We got invited to a 4th of July Garden Party in France!  4th of July in France is not a National Holiday!?!  They celebrate on July 14!



But, Americans sure do celebrate on the 4th of July!



And a dear friend in France is an American, and her husband is French!



It turns out that there's quite a few couples we know with this background, so we got invited to a 4th of July party in France!  Actually, it was quite an International evening, including some folks from England and Algeria, too!  We sang the "Star Spangled Banner", but then, the singing moved into all the National Songs!  So fun!



We celebrated, and ate some American Food! We made Shrimp on the grill!  There was Chili and Guacamole, and Cole Slaw and Pasta Salad, along with lots of other good food.  Plus, I had gone to my friend's home the day before to help her make Brownies for the party!


It was a great evening!  (I'm grateful to the new friend who provided these pictures, so I could share them with you because for some reason, Dr. J and I didn't bring the camera!)


The weather was perfect, and we were thankful that the threat of rain held off so we could be outside!



We even enjoyed some "Feu d'artifice"!  That's fireworks for all my non-French speaking friends!  They weren't in the sky, but so fun anyway!  The French will be enjoying Fireworks in just a couple of days!


Thank you, Karin and Jean, for such wonderful merriment, and for introducing us to your wonderful friends!

To my French friends, I wish you a Happy Bastille Day!

Bonne Fête Nationale!




Until next time my Jewel Friends!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment