Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Back in France...


7/2/2014

Bonjour mes amis!

I find myself back in France...and to start things off right, I enjoyed this...

Pain au Chocolat et du Café!!!


Dr. J met me at the Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris, and then we made our way to the Austerlitz train station.  After the mandatory French nourishment, we spent a few minutes out and about in Paris, while we waited for our train...



I'm already so happy to be back and enjoying all the views!  I mean, just look at the architecture on this Train Station!


Then, we made our way to the city we've come to love, Orléans... and this is where we are staying in Orléans for our visit this time!


Yup!  It's a real, live Château!  I know you are jealous, right?



This is a 17th Century Château that has been recently renovated and restored, and it just so happens that a group that Dr. J is associated with, is renting this lovely building, and we are privileged enough to be renting an apartment here.


We are living on the 2nd floor (3rd for Americans), and we've got quite a view, too!  The Loire River is just beyond the trees...


And there's an awesome view of the Cathedral, although this next shot was taken on a rainy day!


Then there's the Church, St. Aignan in view as well!

I'm grateful I brought my umbrella, as I needed it a couple times...

But, the weather is ever so beautiful now, and I have places to go and people to see, so I'll share more later.

Until next time, have a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment