Friday, July 4, 2014

Big time Jet Lag, but ready for Orléans!


7/4/2014

Bonjour mes amis!

Happy 4th of July to all my American Friends!  It's a great day to celebrate!


Last time I visited with you, I had safely arrived in Orléans, France!


What I didn't tell you was that I had a real good case of Jet Lag to start off the trip!


Oh sure, I bravely enjoyed the day I arrived, and smiled and "oohed and aahed" at all the beauty of Orléans!



Everything was so familiar, like I'd never left some ten months ago!


I could still appreciate all the stone houses...


And wooden shutters...



And I noticed that another wing of the Cathedral got a good cleaning!


I peaked down the small streets for views I never see anymore!


And Dr. J reminded me once again how this store is his favorite in Orléans!


Translation for "Ma Femme est folle...":  My wife is crazy!


I just roll my eyes every time he reminds me...but I notice he hasn't bought me a piece of jewelry from the store yet!


We are on Rue de Bourgogne pretty frequently, so we pass that store a lot...as well as this marketplace!


This area is near our old apartment, right where they hold the Saturday morning Brocantes!


The flowers are gorgeous again this year!


My first evening in France, we agreed to "dinner on the boat" with friends...
(Can you believe this picture was taken around 9:30 PM!?!)



...And then I slept until 12:00 PM the next day!

Have a "Jewel" of an Independence Day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment