Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Visitors bearing Gifts...


10/22/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

We had cause to celebrate...

My Son has new Employment...

So, the Diamond Duo came to visit on Sunday...


They only live an hours drive away, but we always enjoy having them around...

Their pooch, Mugen, comes, too!


But, Mugen's not allowed on the Wood Floors, so he's peaking through the window.  Can you see him?

First, we enjoyed a little of my moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread for breakfast!  I shared this recipe with you while I was living in France.  You can click HERE  if you want the recipe, but let me tell you, IT IS GOOD!

We all piled into the Van, and off to Church we went, to Worship together!  We heard an awesome Sermon from I John 4 about loving one another.

"We love because He first loved us." I John 4:19

Afterward, my Son really wanted to celebrate with Sushi.  His Mom (aka ME!) wasn't so sure about this, but agreed... to keep the peace AND make my Diamond Son happy.  We went to a nice, little Restaurant, Shiro Sushi...very tranquil, with beautiful food, and great Service...


And, guess what?  The food was great too!  I decided I do like Sushi!  And on top of that, my Son paid the bill!  What a nice treat!  So nice that he's got a paycheck again...and not just so he'll take his Parents out for lunch!

When we got back home, the Diamond Duo announced it was "Present Time"!  It's not Christmas!?!  It wasn't anybody's Birthday!?!

However, the Diamond Duo came bearing Gifts!

Dr. J received a six pack of his favorite Beer!


I received the most adorable Fall Decoration...


Owls are still really "in" this year.  Check out a Post I did earlier in the year that kicked off my family's little obsession with teasing me about Owls, by clicking HERE.


He's awfully cute, isn't he?

Finally, Jewelius got his Gift!  Let me preface the gift by telling you that my kids are really into Games.  When they are together, they always want to play Board Games, Video Games...you name it!

SO, my Diamond Son worked faithfully for a year to put together a Game for Jewelius, and one other (as yet to be named) person (Shhh!  It's a surprise!)!  Here it is...it's a Munchkin Game crossed with Pokemon...very clever, and very creative!


Jewelius knew his brother was working on this, so he was pretty "psyched" to receive the completed Game.  My Son did a real professional job.  He designed 150 cards, and sent out to have them professionally made!



The family played it together Sunday afternoon.


And, then, we clinked glasses together and enjoyed a little Hard Cider Brew that our Son made himself.


Such a pleasant day with these two.  Thank you for all the Fun, Lunch and Presents, Diamond Duo!


And you, my friends, I hope you get to have special Family Moments like this together, too!  It doesn't have to be Christmas, or someone's Birthday!  Celebrate the every day things...like a New Job!

Have a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment