Monday, October 7, 2013

A Little Leopard goes a long Way!


10/7/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

Last week, Dr. J was away at a Conference...

He usually worries about what color the walls will be when he comes home...

Well, there was cause to worry...

We've lived away for a whole year...

There are walls to be painted...

But, I had some other projects in mind...

Take this little chair for example...


I inherited it as a gift from an older Gentleman.  His wife had passed away, and it was time for him to move out of his home, to live with his loving daughter.  I had known the man's wife, and gladly volunteered to help with the packing and sorting, and prompting.  As a gift of thanks, I was asked to choose something from the Home to keep for myself...prior to the Estate Sale.


(Check out the Details here!)



There were two little chairs that caught my eye in the Home.  One was all dainty and pretty, in perfect condition, and it had belonged to the man's wife, and the second was this one, which dearly needed some help.  I wanted this one that needed help, because I knew I could rescue it and make it really nice.  I suggested this, and was told "NO, take the other one!"  No, I really wanted this one, and I reasoned that the family could make better money from the dainty, pretty one.  So, off I went with my beautiful, but in need of help, chair.


It has been in my house for a few years, waiting patiently for me to love her back to her former glory.  The chair wasn't in bad shape, in fact the frame was quite nice, but it needed new upholstery, so I figured I would take it apart, and see what I needed to do.



Well, it needed more than upholstery...

It needed new padding, and new webbing, and for the Springs to be restrung...See?



Well, this was as good a time as any for me to tackle this kind of project!  So I did...


I restrung the coils, added new webbing (sorry forgot to take pictures), and then new padding, and (Voila!) it was ready for new fabric...



This chair can go in almost any room in my house!  Final step...to add some trim...


And just take a look at her now!


She's all dressed up in a little leopard print upholstery fabric I found a couple years ago at Wal-Mart for some $2-$3 per yard.  I'm hoping the older Gentleman who gave me this would approve of a little leopard.  It's understated, but makes a nice little compliment to my livingroom!  And I love that the old wood still creaks when you sit down, reminding you of the age of this piece.

I guess I felt like I needed to reward myself for a job well done...


Do you remember I told you last Fall about my serious love for this little mix?  (Take a peak back HERE if you like, to refresh your memory!)

Have you tackled any projects lately?  Well, I tackled a couple more while Dr. J was away, but I'll share those later on.  And, of course, I'm hoping to share a little more France this week, too!

Have a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment