Friday, October 25, 2013

We missed Dinner, but it was worth it!


10/25/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

My friend, RuthAnn, has a really adventurous spirit!  She likes to "Stop and Smell the Roses"...And, get the most out of every moment.  I love these things about her!  I tend to be more controlled about my time, and schedule things, but...


The older I get, the more I like RuthAnn's style!  It's so nice to really enjoy life, and enjoy the neat things that are out there.  I certainly got to spend a whole year doing that in France.  Being back in the U.S...back to all the responsibilities, and time constraints, and expectations...


It doesn't leave a lot of time for "stopping to smell the Roses"!


Thankfully, we have our Photos and our Memories!


That's why I'm sharing the magnificence of Château de Chambord today.


After a very full afternoon with our friends, Kirk and RuthAnn, one day in June, we just had to show them one more Château...because it's HUGE and MAGNIFICENT...and they couldn't leave France without atleast getting a glimpse of the outside.


I'm pretty sure RuthAnn took most of these pictures.  Isn't she a fantastic photographer?


The only drawback of stopping to "smell the roses", was that we missed getting some dinner.  We were out in the Country, and on Sundays in France, there is precious little open.  We were close to two hours drive from our home in Orléans, and had many small Villages to drive through to get back.


We were getting hungry, but weren't these views worth a few hunger pangs?


Don't worry, we really didn't miss out on dinner completely....we stopped for pizza when we got to the big city!  It just wasn't our idea of a nice French Meal to serve our friends, but hey, it was fun to have Pizza the French Way!  I hope you get to "stop and smell the Roses" this weekend!

And...I'm wishing you a "Jewel" of a weekend!
Thanks for stopping by today!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment