Monday, October 14, 2013

Right on "Target"!


10/14/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

A few years ago, I was standing in line at Target, waiting to pay for something...

I don't even remember what I went in to buy.


But, then it happened...

I started chatting with the Lady in line behind me.  (Us Texans, we're friendly that way...)  I think she noticed something I was about to buy, and then we started chatting about the Party I was going to be hosting...

And, next thing you know...


She was sharing her "go to" Party Recipe with me!

I was scrambling to memorize the Recipe.  As soon as I got to the car, I sat there with a pad of paper and pen, trying to recall the Recipe exactly as she had told me.  It sounded yummy!


And, do you know what?  Now it's one of my kids favorites!

I wish I could give the Lady who shared it with me full credit, but she was a stranger, and we each went on our homeward ways, and have never met again.


We call this "Target Mexican Chicken"!
Get it?
I got the Recipe at Target...
while standing in line, of all things...

It's the easiest recipe in the world to make.  Jewelius requested it for dinner tonight, so I thought you might like for me to share this with you.

Here's the simple Recipe, so YOU can please your Family at home, too!

"Target" Mexican Chicken

Tortilla Chips
One can of Cream of Chicken Soup
One can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
One can of Original Rotel Tomatoes
Cooked, cubed Chicken*
2 Cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Grease a 9X13 pan.
Layer the Tortilla Chips to cover the bottom of the pan.
(You can crumble them up a little bit for easier serving!)
In a separate bowl, combine the Soups, Tomatoes and Chicken.
Pour Soup Mixture evenly over the Tortilla Chips.
Layer the Cheddar Cheese on top of the Soup Mix.
Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 Minutes.

Enjoy!

*If you are in a pinch to make it last minute, you can use Canned or Rotisserie Chicken.  It still tastes great!  (By the way, the Canned Chicken pictured is the Daily Chef brand from Sam's Club.  It comes in 13 oz. cans, and I use two cans, drained.  In my humble opinion, it's the best canned chicken there is!)


You might want to keep the bag of Tortilla Chips handy.  A few to munch on with the Casserole tastes great, too!



It may not be the most healthy Recipe, but it's definitely a kid-pleaser!  Husbands like it too!


It's probably a good idea to serve a few fresh veggies with this meal, just so you can feel you've served a healthy meal!

Incidentally, I got a "Great meal tonight, Sweetie!" from Dr. J...and then he turned and smiled at Jewelius...and thanked him for his Dinner request!


Wishing you a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment