Thursday, October 10, 2013

Do you miss me, Château de Chenonceau?


10/10/13

Bonjour mes amis!

Pardon me, friends, while I make a little Tribute to a special place in France today...

Do you miss me, Chenonceau?

I've been adjusting to life back in the U.S.A., but there is still a longing in my heart...


For my beloved Château de Chenonceau!


You know you were my favorite Château in all of France!


I'm your #1 American Fan...


I know you have many French Fans...they told me so!


I visited you so many times over this last year...about once per month, don't you think?


Our Friends, Kirk and RuthAnn, loved visiting you, too!  Look at their smiling faces!


They loved seeing all your large and beautiful Qualities!


Every Room is so Exquisite and Ornate!


How many times did I have my photo taken on your "Romeo and Juliette" Balcony?


And with each Visit, I was in awe of the Designer who put together each and every one of Your Floral Arrangements!


I miss all Your beautiful Stonework!


I wish I was an Artist...I would have sketched you...



I'm glad I took so many pictures of you, with each and every Visit...


So I can remember the details...like this ornate frame around Louis IV!


And all Your other beautiful Artwork!


I know I was a little Grumpy during my Visit in June this year...


It wasn't You!  I had horrible Allergies that Day...


Kirk kept counting my Sneezes...


But through my watery Eyes...


I still enjoyed your Beauty!



I couldn't make my usual Stroll through your Beautiful Gardens, because of the Allergies...



So I couldn't keep these two jokers from being disrespectful of your Beauty!


Honestly, it was a relief for my Allergies to visit your Cave, and enjoy a little Wine Tasting...


I didn't get to take my time in the Flower Gardens because of my Allergies...



But, I will never forget you, Château de Chenonceau!


You gave me many Happy Memories...and I will be back!


After our fun day with You, Chenonceau, we took our Friends to one of our favorite Restaurants in Orléans...
La Parenthèse!


We talked about you, Chenonceau, while we enjoyed a Scrumptious Meal!


And, an equally Scrumptious Bottle of Wine...


And then a Scrumptious Dessert...all while we laughed and had fun!


All's well that ends well...


I'm sure that the number of Visitors to Château de Chenonceau has gone down since our return to the U.S.A.  I brought every single visitor we had in France to see You, Chenonceau!

It was my Great Privilege!

Until next time...
Have a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment