Tuesday, July 12, 2016

River Run and a huge Mistake!



7/12/2016

Bonjour mes amis!

I hope you're staying cool and enjoying a fun Summer!  I'm going to continue telling you about my adventures in France today...

With only a few days left in Orléans, Ms. Emerald and I needed to really narrow down what we most wanted to do with our time left.


Of utmost importance was a River Run!  Well, not a run...


Not even a walk...


With temperatures at 90 degrees fahrenheit, and no air conditioning...


It was more of a controlled saunter with frequent stops along the Loire River...


Which was great for me, because I wanted to take lots of photos...


And soak in the views of the city I've come to love so much!


We set out from the apartment with water bottles in hand, and a plan to pick up baguette sandwiches from a vendor for lunch...


We went by way of the Mall, and wandered down Rue de la République, or as Dr. J calls it, the Shoe Street, since there are numerous shoe stores within a few short blocks...


Before we arrived at Place de Martroi, I spotted a couple Boulangeries that sold sandwiches...


There was a line of people, so we perused the glass case to decide which sandwiches to get.


I thought I knew exactly what to order, but the girl behind the counter asked me questions?!?


The girl spoke French so fast...


I even asked her to repeat herself...


Still, I wasn't positive what she said, so I chose the one with butter, since I was sure of that word...


And this is where I made a huge MISTAKE and put a big frown on Ms. Emerald's face!


I ordered the wrong one!  It was basically ham and butter on a baguette!


No HARD-BOILED EGG! Yikes!  I really blew it!


We were both craving that hard-boiled Egg on our sandwiches, like we'd had the day before!


The sandwiches were still good on that hot, hot day, but I really spoiled things for Ms. Emerald...


So, I treated her to a box of tiny desserts with our afternoon stop for a drink!

I think I'm pretty sure she's forgiven me!

À bientot!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment