Wednesday, July 20, 2016

And the Winner is...



7/20/2016

Bonjour mes amis!

This past weekend, I was away, enjoying a big Family Reunion in North Carolina with 83 people in attendance!  It was a whole lot of fun! But, I have more to share with you, so I'm back...

My first inclination today is to answer the title to my blog post...And the Winner is...

ME!  I'm the winner!  The very day after arriving home from France, I got to see my little twin Grandsons after being away from these cutie-pies for a whole month!



But, a while ago, I put a challenge out there!  I have been calling my son and daughter-in-love the Diamond Duo on my blog, and then they turned me into a Grandmother with these two little dudes, and I haven't come up with a jewel name for them, so I challenged my blog readers.


The twins initials are "T"and "Z", so I got awesome suggestions like Topaz and Zircon, and Turquoise and Zinc.  But then, I got some text messages from my friend, Elaine, that were not to be ignored.


I have been thinking about the need to give the twins jewel related names.  The parents are the Diamond Duo,  so what about using  the names of diamond  "cuts" ... such as Marquise and Asscher?  I never heard of asscher before... but with some research I found that cut is named after brothers from Holland.  (Elaine happens to know that my husband and I are both of Dutch descent!)

Marquise seems French to me ... (Elaine also happens to know that I love France and all things French!), so you would have French and Dutch names....

I started looking for z  & t names to distinguish between the boys, but I couldn't find two jewels or gems that worked for boys.... so I gave up and went another route...  If you go with the cuts, you could  use initials and do something like .... Z. Marquise Diamond  & T. Asscher Diamond.


Hmm!  Sounds like an intriguing idea, but I became more convinced once I received a further text message!


One final thought ... when you look at the boys' faces, they can relate to the "cuts."  Z has the longer (marquise) shaped face while T has the rounder (asscher) shaped face.  I also love the fact that the pronunciation of  Marquise is related to the noble title Marquis ... and the pronunciation of  Asscher is related to the Biblical name Asher!


SOLD!!!


Elaine did some pretty hefty research!


And the winner is...Elaine of New Jersey!  I'd love to tell you how many years we've been friends, but that would reveal a bit too much about my age.  Let me just say that Elaine and I have known eachother and been friends since we were both 5 years old...and that's been a long time!


I love all the detail of these names!


Complex though they are...


These boys are little cuts of their parents...


And the Diamond Duo family boys shall furthermore be referred to as...
T. Asscher and Z. Marquise, the Diamond brothers!

Thank you, Elaine, for all the awesome thought and research you put into my little Twinkles (as in, twinkle, twinkle little star, do you know how loved you are?)!  Oops!  Yes, I call the twins my Twinkles in real life!  I just thought you'd better know in case I slip up sometime and refer to my little diamond cuts as Twinkles.  They were a twinkle in their Daddy's eye, and diamonds do twinkle, right?

Have a "jewel" of a day!
Jan

1 comment: