Thursday, September 12, 2013

Me and My Vignettes!


9/12/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

I'm still pressing on with settling our House and making it Our Home again.  I can't say that any room in this house is fully where I want it to be yet, but there's been progress...

And I realize now that I may have an Addiction...

For making Vignettes!


Ehow defines Vignette Decorating as follows:
  • "In decorating, a vignette is a group of small items purposefully arranged for display. A vignette uses a variety of heights, textures, colors and shapes tied together by a common theme, such as a holiday or antiques. Though vignettes generally mix colors and textures, they can serve as a theme instead; however, heights and shapes should always be mixed and layered. A vignette lends a personal touch to your space, adds interest and creates a focal point."

Yup!  I've got it bad.  There's still many things for me to organize and put away, but instead, I've been making new and repeating some old Vignettes in my home.

Let me show you what I mean!

First, some Vignettes from the Kitchen...

Gifts from a dear Friend...


I'm dearly loving incorporating some things I brought back from France...



I snagged these two Mustard Pots for 50 Centime each in France, and I thought my little American Crock worked well to round out the grouping...


The Empty Wine Bottle pictured below is from a Vineyard that we visited the end of July in St. Emilion, France.  The Vineyard's Name..."La Grâce de Dieu", or translated...The Grace of God!  We just loved that!


I found a great spot for one of the French Wine Crates I brought back in my Suitcase...(because I love to decorate above my kitchen cabinets, too!)



Here's one little spot in the Living Room...


We have a Study off of our Master Bedroom that has basically become my Craft and Sewing Room.  It has soaring 19 foot Ceilings.  The IKEA shelves have given me a great spot to decorate!


Some Closeups...
The Oil Lamp belonged to my Great Aunt!


I snagged the inexpensive Amber and Gold Bottles at the Canton Flea Market, and I think they look great in here!


Those Coffee Filter Wreaths were all the rage!  I think mine (though a little worse for wear, from being packed up for a year) looks great grouped here!


I'll end with a sweet little Vignette in the corner of the Master Bathtub...



I guess I can live with this Addiction, because technically, by setting up these little Vignettes, I am organizing and putting things away.  I love all these special little spots in my Home, where I can rest my eyes!

But, I probably should get working on the Closets...

Have a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment