Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A Little Vacation in St. Malo!


05/06/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

I hope you are well today.  It's a gorgeous day here in France, and I'd like to be outside right now, but I have so much to share with you, that I thought I'd better do that first.  I'm really anxious to tell you about our Roman Holiday last weekend, but first, I want to share the rest of Jewelius' Grandparent's Visit in April.

We went to Saint Malo, France with them!  You may recall that last November, we took my parents for a visit.  It's such a fascinating place, and we got to stay in another awesome Chambre d'hôtes (B&B)...


These people know how to welcome weary travelers!  After the long drive, we were shown to our rooms in this awesome 16th & 17th Century Property, and then, we were welcomed into this nice Salon...


To share a cup of Homemade Apple Cidre.  It's not like American Apple Cider.  Cidre from the North of France has a small amount of alcohol, and is a refreshing little drink.

Here are some photos of our rooms...nice, bright rooms with thick stones walls...


In both the Salon and our Room, there were stacks and stacks of French Home Decorating Magazines.  I could have stayed in the room, and perused the Magazines, and I still would have been very happy!



Here is the nice Dining Room where we ate breakfast each morning!  The Homeowner really made it nice.  At the end of breakfast each morning, she'd make us each a small Crepe to have with jam or butter.  Such a nice, sweet, extra touch!


Then, we wandered into St. Malo to see the City and the Ramparts...


During our Visit last November, boats were moored in the sand, because the Tide was out.  This time, it was Water Everywhere!











St. Malo is a very impressive City!


It was quite a nice day, that ended with a nice meal along the water...




I'm pretty sure Jewelius was downing the Oysters here...


Thanks for coming along today!  In keeping with some previous posts, I'll end with an appropriate photo for the Title of my Blog...


Have a "Bijoux" of a Day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment