Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Sneaky American Tourists Strike Again...at the Eiffel Tower!


5/13/2014

Bonjour mes amis!

It feels so nice to be back and sharing with you again.  I really need this today.  It's been a full day of "putting fires out", and I'm happy to relax a few minutes and think on happy times.

I'm happy to be very hopeful for another visit to Orléans, France this Summer.  In fact, when Dr. J got invited back by some Colleagues, I immediately told him that I would be going with him, because "I have people now"!  Yes, I do.  I have friends I've stayed in touch with...and can't wait to see again!

Infact, I even got a virtual cake on my birthday in April, from my dear friend, Eva who still lives in France!  Want to see it?


She can send me a Virtual Cake anytime!  It's Eye-Candy for me, with No Calories!

Today, I have an episode of Sneaky American Tourists for you.  It's from last June when my Dad was visiting us a second time in Orléans, France during our year-long stay.  My Dad and I purchased tickets online, in advance, to go to the Eiffel Tower, and then we got on the train, and headed to Paris.

Since the Eiffel Tower was our plan for the afternoon, we decided to just pick up some baguette sandwiches and drinks for lunch, and find a place to sit and eat, before our allotted time at the Eiffel Tower.  There's a beautiful, shady Park just along the side of the Eiffel Tower with benches and people taking a lunchtime stroll!  The best part was, that we were a bit removed from the pick pockets and ladies who ask you to sign petitions for things.  If you've been along the street by the Eiffel Tower...you know what I mean!


As we sat there eating, we talked over our upcoming visit to the Eiffel Tower, and then I remembered that we would have to go through a Security Check before we went up the Tower.  My Dad had a pocket knife with him, and oh my, what were we going to do?  They would take that away for sure!


Well, my Dad is a pretty smart guy, and he had a plan...


Kind of "Sneaky American Tourist"...


But not in a bad way!


He hid that knife under some bushes, under some leaves, and then we memorized the exact spot in the Park!


And guess what?


After wandering to the top of the Eiffel Tower, and spending a bit of time...


We returned to the spot in the Park...


And there was my Dad's Pocket Knife...


Right where we left it!


Sneaky American Tourists now happy American Tourists!!!  What a great idea my Dad had!  I need to remember this one for the future...

I gotta dash now, Friends!  Some friends are coming by for a little visit, and seeing my Fleur-de-Lis cake from Eva again reminded me that I better go prepare for my visitors!  No fleur-de-lis Cake...just store-bought cupcakes, but hey, three of the four guests are teenagers, and I'm sure they'll be thrilled to just have something to eat, right?

Until next time...
I wish you a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment