Monday, April 21, 2014

Pizza and China...


4/21/2014

Bonjour mes amis!

Greetings, my friends!  Wow, has it been a long time...and I have missed being here!  A couple friends have asked me when I was going to get back to blogging.  Trust me...I have had ideas, and have had the desire, but so many other things have taken priority...

BUT FOR TODAY, I'm here, and...

I want to tell you about my Easter Birthday!
Yup!  It was my birthday yesterday...and I enjoyed the entire day!


Last week, a friend asked me what I was going to do for my birthday, and I spouted off that I would be making the usual Easter Dinner...Ham with Cherry Sauce and Cheesy Potatoes...

All the family favorites!



My friend glared at me in disbelief!  WHAT???  You are going to do all that work on your birthday?  You should have your husband make the dinner, and relax, and take the day off, and enjoy yourself!

She had a point!

Special thanks to my "daughter-in-love" for taking these lovely table photos!

After a few days of pondering the upcoming weekend, I sent my husband an email at work with the following Subject Line...

"I have a request to make...",

and the following is an excerpt from that email.  (I'm not copying in all the mushy stuff at the end!)


For my birthday (AKA Easter)...

This is what I would like...given our hectic weekend...

PIZZA AND CHINA!

Instead of the usual Ham with Cherry Sauce (which I know we all love)...

I'd like to request that you make pizza on Sunday afternoon.
We won't have time to have it before then, because of all the goings-on.

I am setting the table with our China, and will make a Salad to go with it...

I am (at this moment) cooking more sausage for pizza...

What do you say?

I will make Ham and Cherry Sauce another time.

I will also plan an appetizer for after Church, while we wait for the dough to be ready...

But, I do have one more small request...

Can you please undercook the pizza a little bit, so the crust is softer?
Just for my special day, PLEASE!?!

This is truly what I want for my birthday...


His response came within five minutes.  "Yes, yes, and Yes"!

So this is what we did!

After a delicious Easter Brunch at Church, and a glorious Easter Service, we went home for my Pizza and China birthday.  While the dough was rising, I was given some wonderful gifts.



Note the perfume!  Dr. J did good!  (After having lived in France for a year, I know the value of wearing perfume as often as possible.  Hubby likes it, and so do I, so perfume is pretty much a staple on my gift idea list!)  I'll share some of the other gifts I received in another Post.



And, I got to enjoy this special dinner at a pretty table with Dr. J, the Diamond Duo, Ms. Emerald, and Jewelius!  My son is making his own Stout Beer now, so he brought some to share, and it was a great addition to the pizza, even though I'm kind of a wine-connoisseur myself!


No one should have been surprised that I requested China on the table.  We never use it.  What better day than Easter (and my birthday) to get it out?  The Pizza was so delicious on the China...cooked just the way I like it.  We spent the day together, talking, laughing, and watching the movie, "Frozen"!

All in all, it was a wonderful day!  Relaxing and celebrating with people I love...

And, in case you were wondering...I'm 39...(that's the truth, and I'm sticking with it!)


Wishing you a "Jewel" of a week!  Hope to see you again soon!
Jan

P.S.  I almost forgot to tell you about how Jewelius surprised me!  When it came time for dessert, he disappeared for a minute, and then arrived with ramekins of chocolate mousse (my young French Son!) that he'd made the night before while I was out.  SUCH A NICE SURPRISE!

No comments:

Post a Comment