Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Jardin Unique!


1/15/2014

Bonjour mes amis!

Happy 2014 Everyone!  I hope your New Year is off to a great start.  While I'm all about getting on with 2014, I still want to remember so many good things about 2013, so I am going to finish writing about our year in France.  I'm determined to finish.  I want to remember this experience forever.

Do you remember in November, when I started telling you about my Dad's visit to us in France?  Once again, I was taking on my role as Tour Guide, but I got to have an awful lot of fun along the way.  We went to this Château in Chaumont-sur-Loire.


I have to admit it makes me sad to look at these pictures now.  I miss spending time in Châteaux. The Château at Chaumont-sur-Loire has a huge Garden that we toured, a Jardin Unique, and it was gorgeous!


The presentation of the Garden was named "Jardins Des Sensations".  The Climate, Soil, Sun and Rainfall in France are perfect for growing gorgeous flowers...especially Roses!


And Hydrangea (my favorite)!



The Gardens were broken up into little "rooms", each themed in a different way...




And check out the view back to the Château!


Lots of ideas for a creative Garden!










My Dad and I enjoyed it so much!  We kept talking about my Miss Emerald as we strolled the paths.  She's a Horticulture Major at the University!  She's a creative type, and would have enjoyed taking notes!



This next "room" had a "Swimming Pool" and Patio area, and a space to put your shoes...



We even enjoyed photographing the bees...


And "funky" unusual flowers...





See the big turtle in there?



Afterward, my Dad treated us to an Ice Cream Cone!


Our final view as we left the Gardens...


"A Rose is a Rose is a Rose..."
Do you know this poem?  Written by Gertrude Stein in 1913, it is often interpreted as meaning "things are what they are".  Well, I'll take it!  I can't wait until we can enjoy Roses in Texas again, but thankfully, I have many photos of Roses in France to keep me happy.

I hope you enjoyed this Jardin Unique, and have a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment