Saturday, January 18, 2014

It's Cold...let's have Soup!


1/18/2014

Bonjour mes amis!

For those of you fortunate people (like me) who are living in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, you can regularly enjoy a bowl of Tomato-Basil Soup on a cold day at the French-inspired Restaurant, La Madeleine.  When you step into La Madeleine, you are greeted with a "Bonjour", and you can quick master a French Lesson if you step into the Bathroom, and then the folks in the Restaurant will wish you, "Bon Appétit"!

If you are really lucky...
You will get a Table next to the Fireplace!
That's the best!


For those of you who can't run into a La Madeleine for lunch, I'm sorry.  It's a fun experience.  Thankfully, today I'm going to share a recipe with you that tastes just like their Tomato-Basil Soup!  (I found this recipe over at the site barnsandnoodles.com, and it's a Winner!)



La Madeleine’s Tomato Basil Soup

Serves: 6-8

28 oz. can of whole tomatoes
32 oz. tomato juice
20 basil whole leaves
1 stick butter
1 cup heavy cream
salt & pepper

In a large pot, bring the whole tomatoes and tomato juice to a boil.
Add basil and continue boiling for 20 minutes.
Allow to cool a bit, then puree tomato basil mixture in the blender –be sure to hold the lid!
Pour puree back into large pot.
Add butter, cream, salt, and pepper.

Serve and enjoy!



I doubled this recipe so I would have enough to share.  I have frozen it, too, and it froze and thawed very well for reheating!

I hope you are keeping warm wherever you live!
Have a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment