Monday, September 17, 2012

Bon week-end!

17/09/2012

Hello Dear Family and Friends!

Greetings from France again!  We had a wonderful weekend, took many pictures, and did a number of different things...

Let me start to tell you about our Bon Week-end...

On Friday evening, we had a guest over for dinner...our first!  He is here from Germany for just two weeks, but Mr. Jewel has known him for years, from Conferences.  We had a very nice time together.  We had somewhat of a French dinner, in that we had courses, but more in an American kind of order.

Jewel Jr. was supposed to go to the Youth Group at the Church we've been attending, but apparently the date got changed and we didn't know, so Jewel Jr. got to join us for dinner.   Jewel Jr. wasn't disappointed that he ate with us, but this meant his sandwich got saved for Saturday.  First, let me show you the sandwich Jewel Jr. made.  Looks good, huh?  He even put radishes on it!


Now, do you want to see our Menu from Friday night?


Entrée

Three bowls of  munchies...cashews, cherry tomatoes, and fruit mix
L' Olivetain (an apéritif drink I like), or Leffe Brune (a belgian beer)

Salade

Green leaf lettuce salad with mushrooms and cucumbers
Fruit Salad with Kiwi, Strawberries and Yellow Nectarines
Plenty of traditional baguette and butter

Plat du Jour

Chuck Beef Roast, slow cooked in the oven all day in mushroom and onion soups
Mashed Potatoes with Parsley
Fresh sliced, cooked  Carrots
Baguette with Butter

Dessert

Apple Crumble Pie (made in a Ramekin) with frozen vanilla yogurt


***We also had a nice Pinot Noir from the Bourgogne region, and if you must know, yes, Jewel Jr. enjoyed it with us, too!

Someday, I should write my menu in French.  It will sound more impressive!

Since I forgot to take pictures during the meal, I'll just throw in a picture of the lovely flowers our German guest brought.


It will take me a few days to tell you about what else we did over the weekend, so for now, let me leave you with pictures of what I found on Jewel Jr's. desk one day after he left for School.  Is he planning a race?  Mario better get in line!


 


Editors Note:  Notice the ingenious banana peel made with pistachio nut shells!  Jewel Jr. is as clever as ever!
  
It was quite a nice weekend, and today is a beautiful day here in Orléans, and I am happy!  I'd like to share Psalm 28:7  "The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him."

À bientôt!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment