Monday, August 15, 2016

Play time with Grandpa at La Ferté-Saint-Aubin!



8/15/2016

Bonjour mes amis!

I've been absent for a bit.  I just had two different sets of guests here for a full week each, so there wasn't time to share, but today I'm back to reminisce with you about another Château in France that we've visited before on my blog...La Ferté-Saint-Aubin!


During my Mom and Dad's first visit to see us in France, this Château was closed for winter, and we were disappointed at not getting to check it out.  So, when my Dad came for a second visit, I promised to take him to see it.


The tour started in the attic of an outbuilding, where many children's toys were on display.  So fun!


It's mainly a wonderful child's display for Christmas, but everything was antique!


Well, most everything...


We made a quick stop in the Stables...


And then moved on to the Château!


The Stager in me loves to walk room by room to see how pieces are used, and see all the little vignettes you can create in a setting from days gone by.



I've always loved pitchers.  Thankfully, my hoard collection is under control now!  But, this one would catch my eye if it was available for purchase.



Both my Dad and Jewelius were with me for this visit.  They really enjoyed this place too, although I don't think they were as excited about the dining room as I was!


This little chapel out the back windows is just so picturesque!  Unfortunately, it is not open to the Public.





We loved exploring the servant's kitchen below too!




Here they are...Grandpa and Grandson!


We went up the back stairs and explored the hallway and bedrooms...



And there was an awesome gameroom!  No wonder kids love to visit this place!



I just loved looking at all the old stuff, of course!





Then, we headed outside...



There's an old train station...




And an old bar for waiting customers!



And we got in one last game of chess before heading back home...


I lost!


Remember that I mentioned at the beginning of today's post that I had two sets of guests visit?  Well, my guest the first week was none other than Elaine of New Jersey, my winner who helped me give my twin grandsons their jewel names!  Thank you again, Elaine!  We enjoyed your visit!

And I hope you enjoyed this visit today.

Have a "jewel" of a day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment