Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Castle Time with my Dad...and making Memories with my Sis!


11/5/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

I'm so glad to have you here again...

I know I've been a bit absent lately, but I just had a special visitor, my Sister.  So, while I tell you about her visit, I thought I'd share some photos from my Dad's visit with us in France the end of June.  I've shown you this Château numerous times, because we really liked this fairytale-looking Château...such a picturesque setting!  It's Chaumont-sur-Loire, and it stands tall on a cliff overlooking the Loire River.  As I always do when I re-show you a Château, I pick out new details to share.  I hope you enjoy it!  My Dad sure did!


Now, back to my Sister's Visit...


My sister came to celebrate a BIG Birthday!


I always try to tell people she's my older sister...


BUT in reality, she's a couple years younger...still, people always thought she was the oldest sister when we were growing up.


We have another sister as well...who is also younger...


BUT...I can't tell you which big birthday it was for my sister...'cause then you'll know how old I am!  Does that make me vain?


My sister and I had a great long weekend together...


First, we went off to the Canton Flea Market, that only takes place once per month...


I love going to Canton...


There's new stuff to look at, and old stuff...


BUT...compared to the OLD stuff I got to see in France, it's disappointing, but still so fun...


I always get ideas for new projects, and find gifts for others (...and sometimes for myself!  Hehe!)!


We enjoyed two full days at Canton!  We walked ALL day, with only a short break for lunches...


And we stayed in an awesome Hotel in Tyler for the Night...


We brought little bottles of wine with us, but after only half a glass each, we went to bed...
EXHAUSTED!


When we returned home after our two full days at Canton, Dr. J had made us...
Homemade Stuffed Crust Pizza!


That was an awesome way to cap off the weekend!


Sunday was quiet and relaxing with Worship, Family, and a good Roast!


Monday brought more shopping!  My Sister loves to visit Texas Stores!  They are the best!


Today, I had to put my Sister on a plane back to Chicago...


Unfortunately, I've caught a cold of some sort...


My Sister texted me from Chicago, and told me to rest...


Okay, "Mom", I'm happy to oblige...


After I finish this Post, that is...


I wanted to still show you the Stables at Chaumont-sur-Loire...


And this awesome Gate!


And the interesting Cones on this Evergreen Tree!


And a View I will cherish Forever, of the little town of Chaumont-sur-Loire, along the Loire River, in the beautiful Country of France, where I was privileged to live for a whole year!


Ah!  How I miss this!


Next time, I'll show you the awesome Gardens at this Château!

I'll give my Sister a couple days to put away all her purchases!  (Happy Birthday, Sister!)  She found some beautiful clothes, and some great gifts for her friends and neighbors.  Me, I looked for Christmas Gifts during our Shopping Excursions.  Can you even believe we're shopping for Christmas already???

Until next time mes amis!
Have a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment