Monday, November 25, 2013

A Little Vintage Something and Mini-Cheesecakes Recipe!


11/25/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

I've been rather absent from the blogging world, but I felt like popping in today.  Life has been busy, and as I now look forward to Thanksgiving this week, and some nice time off...

I have a couple of dear friends who are sharing memories from days gone by, and today when I opened a certain box of Christmas stuff, some of my own memories came flooding back.

Look what I found!


Now this is a Christmas Treasure from long ago!  See the price?  $2.87, and I don't think they spelled Pixy correctly, but...


I remember the night this little Pixie came into my childhood home.  I'm the oldest of three girls, so I remember the night my Dad brought this home.  (I know you are still staring in disbelief at the Pixie, but what can I say?  It was the 60's!)  I believe we had already been sent to bed, but my Dad had been out during the evening, and when he returned, he hung this up, pulled the string, and "Jingle Bells" began to play.  We all raced down the stairs to see where the music was coming from!

My sisters and I thought it was so cool!

Okay, so it's not that cool, and I think I'm the only one in the family who would take this little "gem" off my parent's hands, but I associate a memory of that night with this, so I hang it in my Laundry room each year, and tell my kids about that night...

And I recall growing up in a family where my Mom made us matching dresses for each Holiday...
And we had happy Christmases at home and with our Grandparents on Long Island, New York...

I am a product of my upbringing.  I was always with my Grandparents on Christmas Eve and Morning, and that's exactly what Dr. J and I have given our children over the years...Christmas with their Grandparents though they live many miles away!  I know some day, this will come to an end, but Dr. J and I are very thankful for such loving parents, and all the wonderful Christmas Memories we now enjoy, thanks to them.


These were our little red velvet dresses!  Everywhere we went, we were a hit!


Enough waning nostalgic...I've promised you a Recipe today...


Mini Cheesecakes!


Mini-Cheesecakes

24 cupcake liners
24 Vanilla Wafers
2 - 8 oz. packages of Cream Cheese, softened
3/4 cup of Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 tsp. Vanilla
20 oz. Can of Cherry Pie Filling

Line the cupcake pans with liners.  Place a vanilla wafer in the bottom of each liner.
In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla until light and fluffy.
Fill the liners 2/3 full with the cheese mixture.
Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, or until set.  Let cool.
Top each with a spoonful of filling.
Chill.
Serves 24.


I made these recently for a party in our home, and they were a huge hit.  Jewelius is a big fan, too!  Can it just be our little secret how easy these are to make?  Enjoy!


I do want to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving this week, too!


Oh give thanks to the Lord,
for he is good,
for his steadfast love endures forever.
Psalm 107:1

Wishing you a week full of thankfulness!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment