Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I'm back...and loving the wintry whites!

1/14/15

Bonjour mes amis!

Happy New Year to All!

I know it's been some time since I have visited with you on my blog...


I have been visiting a number of other blogs, but haven't been taking the time to do anything about my own.  And I've really missed being here.



Now granted, I did have a very busy Summer, Fall and Winter...


There was much travel this Summer.


I told you about my return trip to France!



I also stood up in a Wedding, gave a Bridal Shower, moved a daughter out of her apartment, helped pack up another daughter to move away, and took my Son to his New Student Conference for the University.  Whew!



Then, on to Fall, I took a trip with my hubby where he was being honored at a Conference, and then, I helped decorate for a friend's daughter's Wedding.  That was fun, and perhaps I'll share a few photos from that here on my blog another time.

A sweet homemade Christmas gift from my daughter!

Following the Wedding, it was on to our Ladies Christmas Tea at our Church.  That was a lot of work for me, but many hands came together to make that a huge success!


After the Christmas Tea, I got busy with my own Christmas preparations, because this was the first year that we stayed in Texas for Christmas after years of going to Chicago to be with family.  I really wanted to make things special with good food, and good decorations, and establishing some new traditions, as well as reminding my husband and children of all the traditions we already had established with our extended family.


And now, here I am...


My son has not returned to the University yet from his Winter Break, but next week he will, and Dr. J and I will be back to being Empty Nesters.  I've had a  bit of a cold this week, so the downtime got me thinking about getting back to my blog...


I still have my huge fondness for all things France, so I would still like to share much of my time in France with you, as well as my love of decorating and having fun in Texas.


Wow!  Now that I'm looking back at some of these photos from my home, I'm realizing that I did a little bit more than travel this year.
I painted our guest bedroom,
painted my kitchen,
and I refinished this table in our entryway!
I'm kind of loving this sparse look right now with pinecones and greens.


I hope you will continue this journey with me.  I'd love to have you along...

A bientôt!
Have a "Jewel" of a day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment