Monday, June 9, 2014

The View from my Shower...


6/9/2014

Bonjour mes amis!

This is the view from my all new Shower into our Master Bathroom!


This is Dr. J's Sink area...


And, my Sink area...


Before I show you the actual "after" pictures of the Shower, let's take a look at some "before" pictures of our bathroom...


All in all, it doesn't look too bad with the white tile, but you are seeing the walls painted, after I removed all the wallpaper...


The shiny brass framework and foggy glass had to go...



The bathroom just really needed an upgrade...
That tiny broken tile on the front left of the tub surround always bothered me!


And don't you love the Shell sink?


Atleast there was tile in the toilet area...but white?


The carpet was the other thing that needed to go!  I always hated the darkness along the edge of the light carpet!


And now, for the "after" pictures!

The New Showerhead...and check out my favorite...the Hand Held Shower!  I requested this.  After having one in France for the whole year, I discovered how much easier it was to keep the Shower clean and rinsed with this...


And, we added a bench as well...because Dr. J said that "we are not getting any younger..."!


I requested recess boxes for holding shampoo and other items...


Here's a fuller view of the corner...


With the new tile, fixtures and chair molding we added, the bathtub looks like a brand new one!


And, all my pretty things still look just beautiful with the new Marble countertops...




We kept the same footprint, and even the same cabinetry...


We also had the walls painted a nice light color...Valspar "Asiago"!


(I know...I took this picture before we changed out the toilet handle to oil-rubbed bronze!)

Some closeups...
Dr. J won out with the choice of the Marble, and it's just beautiful!


I really wanted this travertine chair molding to cap off the tile surround, and for decoration in the Shower!



This is the lighting we put in before our move to France...


I love old chandeliers, and Dr. J will be putting a small one in the commode area for me as well.  Why not?


Here's the close up on the Shower.  We went with a frameless door, and LOVE it!



Hope you enjoyed the tour today!


I think I'll go workout now, so I need a Shower, and can enjoy my "jewel" of a bathroom again!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment